Rushall, Staffordshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Rushall, Staffordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Walsall PLU|
|Parish registers: 1686|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1660|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
Rushall St Michael the Archangel is an Ancient Parish. RUSHALL (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Walsall, S. division of the hundred of Offlow and of the county of Stafford, 1 mile (N. E. by N.) from Walsall. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Rushall St Michael Ancient Parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FMP = Staffordshire Parish Register Collection (findmypast) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|RUSHALL ST MICHAEL PARISH (1660) Online Records|
Deposited parish registers at Staffordshire Record Office Bap 1686-1968 Mar 1715-1982 Bur 1771-1961 (earlier years include BT's
Lichfield Record Office holdings of Bishop's Transcripts Bap 1660-1868 Mar 1660-1837 Bur 1660-1868
Parish registers for Rushall, 1686-1894 Microfilm copies of original records in the Staffordshire Record Office, Stafford, England. The parish church in Rushall is St. Michael.
Staffordshire Record Office reference: D3845/1/1-16.
Baptisms 1686-1894 Marriages 1724, 1734-1769, 1771-1806, 1813-1869 Banns 1772-1812 Burials 1771-1812 FHL BRITISH Film 1526108 Items 23-32
Marriages 1869-1884 Burials 1813-1892 FHL BRITISH Film 1526109 Items 1-6
Bishop's transcripts for Rushall, 1660-1868 Microfilm of original records in the Staffordshire Record Office.
Baptisms, marriages, and burials, 1660-1812. FHL BRITISH Film 421585 Item 3
Baptisms, marriages, and burials, 1813-1868. FHL BRITISH Film 435834
Known Issue entries for the parish in England Births and Christenings 1538-1975 may be duplicated by erroneous entries for the event in indexing project (batch) number: C391551 system origin: England-VR
source film number: 1526108 with incorrect place data entry as Mavesyn Ridware, Staffordshire
Many of Staffordshire's Parish Register entries have been transcribed in full by Staffordshire Freereg and can be searched for free.
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Rushall, Staffordshire Genealogy 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474615.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 717-719. Date accessed: 06 November 2012.
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 11 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Parish Records Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 23 July 2014.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 September 2014.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (N-Z), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 23 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 September 2013.
- ↑ Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 22:40.
- This page has been accessed 2,572 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More