Sacramento California FamilySearch LibraryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Sacramento Family History Center also known as both the Sacramento FamilySearch Library and the Sacramento California Large Multi-stake Family History Center. The Center has over 80 well trained volunteers to help the more than 15,000 patrons who visit the Center annually.
- 2745 Eastern Avenue Sacramento California 95815 United States
- The Sacramento Family History Center is located on the west side of Eastern Avenue behind the LDS Sacramento East Stake Center.
- From Hwy 80 -- Take Watt Ave exit, go South on Watt Ave, left onto Marconi Ave, right onto Eastern Avenue.
- From Hwy 50 -- Take Watt Ave exit, go North on Watt Ave, right onto Marconi Ave, right onto Eastern Avenue.
- 2nd Saturday:9:00am-1:00pm
Memorial Day: Independence Day: Labor Day: Thanksgiving Week - November 24th-28th: Christmas - New Years Holiday - December 22nd - January 2nd, 2015:
- Directors: Gordon and Janet Orchard
- Associate Director: Alice Carlson -Secretary & Books
- Associate Director: Tim Steinberger- Administrative Services
- Associate Director: Vic Walker - Technical
- Associate Directors: Laurie Markham - Seminars and Public Classes
- Associate Director: Carolyn McMillan - Finance
- Associate Directors: Alton Sissell - Training
- Associate Director: Donna Horner - Scanning Books
2014 Holiday Schedule
Calendar and Events
- African American Seminar 8 March 2014
- 8 November 2014 Annual All Day Seminar (Save the Date, & watch for details)
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog. :
- The Sacramento Center also has the complete Buckman Collection of English Research on Births, Marriages, and Death Records on this well established English family line.
- We have 6800 + films in our 'Extended' film collection that covers many parts of the world. If you have a film number, call 916-487-2090 to see if it's already in our inventory before ordering from Salt Lake.
- We have just over 16,000 book titles in our library with an extrodinary collection of German books.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which provides free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Additionally, we have other database programs for information storing of your family history work such as PAF (Personal Ancestral File), Legacy, RootsMagic, Ancestral Quest, Family Tree Maker, and Family Insight to name a few. Other software that is available for patronuse includes, Get My Ancestors, AniMap, Family Atlas, Family History Resourse File.''
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 35 computer workstations for patron use, 6 printers, 8 microfilm readers, 3 fiche readers, 3 scanners, and digital film/fiche scanner.
Staff Research Specialties
- We have competent researchers that specialize in German, English, Scottish, Irish, African American, and Scandinavian, in additon to our dedicated staff of United States Researchers.
- Each Thursday from 1pm to 5pm, we offer German Mentoring by members of the Sacramento German Society.
- We also offer Computer and Database assistnace for "Legacy, Family Tree Maker, RootsMagic and Reunion for MAC" users.
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
The Sacramento Family History Center has many opportunities for you to serve as a Volunteer, or as a Missionary. Please call: 916 487-2090
Adding details to a FHC page article.
- This page was last modified on 23 October 2014, at 14:39.
- This page has been accessed 7,958 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News