San Jose California Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
- 4977 San Felipe Road, San Jose, CA 95135 United States
- Use the parking lot closest to the road
- Walk up the central walkway to the LDS Church and look for the FHC Sign.
Holiday Schedule and Closure
January 27th:, April 4 th:, May 5th:, May 23rd: October 3rd:, October 6th: November 24th-28th: December 22nd-31st: January 1st:
Calendar and Events
Spring 2015 Family History Class:
The Fall Family History Class is held on Wednesdays from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Class schedule:
Feb 4 - Becoming a Family History Detective Feb 11- Most Popular Genealogy Web Sites Feb 18- FamilySearch.org Feb 25 - Effective Internet Search Tactics Mar 4 - Evaluation of Research Mar 11- Easy Guide to Documentation Mar 18 - U.S. Colonial Records Mar 25 - U.S. Migration - Moving West Apr 1 - Brick Walls/Female Surnames Apr 8 - Newspapers on the Web Apr 15 - Intro to German Research Apr 22 - Photo Management and Publishing Apr 29 - Class choice of subject
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center is able to receive any of the films and fiche available through the Salt Lake FamilySearch Catalog for viewing by patrons. Patrons may order films for delivery to the Family History Center online at www.familysearch.org/films.
- A catalog of all of the books, periodicals, CD's and extended loan microfilms and microfiche held by the San Jose Family History Center is available online
- San Jose Family History Center Catalog Search Page
- Bay Area Family History Centers Catalog Search Page
NOTE: When using the link to the Bay Area Family History Centers Catalog you are searching the catalogs of 15 family history centers. When you find a resource of interest, be sure to click on the "Show Copies " tab to see which location has the book, film. microfiche or CD you are interested in.
Databases and Software
Hardware and Equipment
- The Center has:
- 12 computers
- 8 Microfilm Readers
- 2 Microfiche Readers
- 1 Microfilm Scanner
- 1 Microfilm Printer
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
- The Santa Clara Valley Computer Genealogy Group is a local organization that focuses on the use of computers to aid in genealogical work.
- A complete list of online genealogical and research resources for Santa Clara County and the State of California can be found HERE.
- A complete list of web sites to all LDS Family History Centers in California can be found at the link "Category: California Family History Centers" below.
Volunteer at the Center
- This page was last modified on 6 January 2015, at 13:32.
- This page has been accessed 5,061 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More