San Marcos Texas Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
- 120 Suncrest San Marcos TX 78666 Unites States
- Use the first driveway and the FHC entrance is on the north side of the building. Ring bell for admittance.
- The library includes computers, microfilm readers, microfiche readers, books and periodicals and a very knowledgeable staff.
- Language:English and limited Spanish
- Wednesday: 9:00am-1:00pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm
- 2nd Tuesday each month: 9:00am-12:00 noon
- 2nd Saturday each month: 9:00am-12:00 noon
Closed Christmas Week: December 19 - 26, 2015
Closed New Year Week: December 27, 2015 - January 3, 2016
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- This center has a generous collection of genealogy resource books and helps.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 4 computers
- 3 microfilm readers
- 1 microfiche reader
- digital camera system to photograph microfilm/microfiche
- 1 multifunction printer/scanner/copier
- 1 laser printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
We are looking for additional consultants with bilingual reading and speaking ability
- This page was last modified on 2 June 2015, at 18:59.
- This page has been accessed 1,011 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News