Sandy River Plantation, MaineEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Not to be confused with the Sandy River Plantation that became Farmington, Maine in 1794.
United States Maine Franklin Sandy River Plantation
Sandy River Plantation is a Maine plantation in the forests on the west central side of Franklin County. Early, it was part of a multi-township plantation called Number 2 and 3 R1 and 2 and 3 R2 Plantations formed from:
but that long name was changed to Dallas Plantation in 1845, and changed in turn to Rangeley Plantation in 1852. Multi-township plantations were abolished in 1859, and it was split into four parts, including the present-day Sandy River Plantation. In 1865 the northern half was set off to form Greenvale Plantation, but it was annexed back into Sandy River Plantation in 1905. 
- ↑ Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 103 (digital p. 112). A digital version is available via a link in the FamilySearch Catalog.
- ↑ Sandy River Plantation, Franklin County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 30 September 2013).
- This page was last modified on 16 December 2015, at 21:48.
- This page has been accessed 882 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News