Saxlingham Nethergate, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Saxlingham Nethergate, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Henstead PLU|
|Parish registers: 1557; Some separate records exist for Saxlingham Thorpe|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
SAXLINGHAM-NETHERGATE (St. Mary), a parish, in the union and hundred of Henstead, E. division of Norfolk, 3½ miles (N. E.) from Stratton St. Mary. There is a place of worship forBaptists. 
Also includes or is known as Foxhole and Saxlingham Thorpe.
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Saxlingham Nethergate, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Saxlingham Nethergate, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
||1556-1800, 1813-1901|| |
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438862.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 23-26. Date accessed: 14 May 2013.
- ↑ Pat Newby, transcriber, "William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845", GenUKI
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 28 May 2015, at 17:13.
- This page has been accessed 2,236 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News