Scoulton, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Wayland|
|Parish registers: 1550|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1602|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
SCOULTON (All Saints), a parish, in the union and hundred of Wayland, W. division of Norfolk, 3¾ miles (W. S. W.) from Hingham. 
Scoulton Holy Trinity is an Ancient parish in the Hingham deanery of the Diocese of Norwich.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Scoulton, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Scoulton, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1550-1660, 1783-1887||Undefined||1550-1660, 1754-1924||Undefined||1550-1660, 1783-1812|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 366/1-5
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438867.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Scoulton on GenUKI
- High Oak Ingham and Scoulton with Wood Rising benefice
- Images history and audio guide to the church
- Church of Holy Trinity - Scoulton on British listed buildings
- British History online
- Scoulton on Norfolk Churches
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 30-34. Date accessed: 20 May 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- ↑ 'National Burial Index - Norfolk Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 16 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 14 January 2016, at 00:47.
- This page has been accessed 3,020 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News