Seale, SurreyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Farnham PLU|
|Parish records: 1539|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1689|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey|
|Location of Archive|
|Surrey Record Office|
SEAL, a parish, in the hundred of Farnham, W. division of Surrey, 3½ miles (E. by N.) from Farnham.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
From 1846-1869 see Farnborough registration district
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474661.
See Surrey Census
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Surrey Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
- 1664 Hearth Tax at Hearth Tax Online - free.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848). Adapted. Date accessed: 18 February 2014.
- ↑ Batches C013322, C013323, C013324, P013321, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Surrey, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 2 April 2012.
- ↑ Batches M013321, M013324, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Surrey, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 2 April 2012.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage,' Find My Past, accessed 11 April 2012. For a breakdown of missing years, see 'National Burial Index - Coverage: Surrey,' Federation of Family History Societies, accessed 11 April 2012.
- ↑ 'About Surrey and South London Will Abstracts 1470-1858,' Origins.net, accessed 27 June 2012.
- This page was last modified on 17 April 2014, at 03:52.
- This page has been accessed 1,188 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback