Shelfanger, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Guiltcross PLU|
|Parish registers: 1685|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
SHELF ANGER (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Guiltcross, hundred of Diss, E. division of Norfolk, 2½ miles (N. by W.) from Diss. There are places of worship for Baptists and Wesleyans. 
Shelfanger All Saints is an Ancient Parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Shelfanger, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Shelfanger, Norfolk Parish Online Records|
This parish's registers do not appear on FamilySearch as no microfilm for the parish is held
A search of the Family History Library Catalogue identifies the following Archdeacon's transcripts:
| Baptisms 1725-1812 Marriages 1726-1812 Burials 1726-1811
|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1526815 Item 6
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438852.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Shelfanger on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 66-69. Date accessed: 03 June 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 22 April 2014, at 20:07.
- This page has been accessed 982 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback