Shirley County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Shirley County, Kansas was organized February 27, 1860 , organized September 6,1866, but was defunct by May 27, 1867. Kansas Historical Society
The Shirley County seat was Columbia . Historical Society
Origin of Name
It may have be named for William Shirley, governor of Massachusetts Colony from 1741 to 1756.
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county. http://www.kshs.org/geog/geog_counties/view/county:DM
- Family History Library Catalog
- County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- This page was last modified on 18 June 2013, at 14:39.
- This page has been accessed 500 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More