Shouldham, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Downham|
|Parish registers: 1653|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
SHOULDHAM (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Downham, hundred of Clackclose, W. division of Norfolk, 6½ miles (N. E.) from Downham. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. 
Shouldham All Saints.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Downham 1837-1974
Shouldham, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Shouldham, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438850.
Genealogy From Periodicals
Whitmore, Elizabeth. Family Fortunes - Don't Forget the Wives. Description of the family of William Whitmore, and Dorothy Batterby, and his partner Frances Cook and descendants, including a Family Tree dating from 1661-1970, with surnames Horn, Rutland, Caney, Tuddenham, Miller, Morris and Dixon. The descendants moved from Shouldham, to Feltwell, Brandon Suffolk, and Grimsby Lincs. Article in The Norfolk Ancestor, new series vol. 2, pt. 9, pages 553-555. Family History Library Ref. 942.61 B2j new ser. v2, pt 9.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Shouldham on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 90-93. Date accessed: 03 June 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- This page was last modified on 28 May 2015, at 17:20.
- This page has been accessed 2,214 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News