Skudeneshavn, NorwayEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Skudeneshavn, Norway ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, and military records
Skudeneshavn is in the Karmøy Region. Other parishes in this region include Karmøy the parishes of Avaldsnes, Kopervik (Stangeland), Skudenes, Skudeneshavn, Torvastad (Torvestad), Falnes, Ferkingstad and Åkra.
Skudenes clerical district contains priest and sexton records from the parishes Falnes with Skudeneshavn and Ferkingstad in Skudenes (Skudesnes) clerical district. Included Bokn (Bukken) parish until 1848 when it was annexed to Tysvær clerical district and Åkra parish until 1887 when it was annexed to Kopervik clerical district. Earlier church records were burned in 1841. Book 1 is a record made by the priest about 1847 of church affairs before 1842. These records are available on microfilm at the Family History Library.
Digital images of the church books are available at Digitalarkivet.
- 1664-1666 This census was taken by the local parish priests. It lists the name of the farms, names of farm owners (including widows), the sons of the farm owners, male farm hands, cottagers and their sons, and the ages of each person. A database of this census is available at Digitalarkivet.
- 1701: The census of 1701 was taken for military purposes. It lists only the males living in rural districts who were over the age of one year. It includes the farm name, name and age of the owner, names and ages of sons and servants. Also includes the residence of all unmarried males living away from home when the census was taken.Mantallet (Census) 1701 for Stavanger Amt (Rogaland County)
For 1666-1795 the probates are found in Ryfylke og Karmsund judicial district.
For 1793-1901 they are found in Karmsund judicial district.
The clerical probates for 1692-1812 are found in Karmsund deanery.
- A genealogy of the people and their farms in Skudenes and Skudeneshavn on Karmøy in Rogaland county with some history.
Lillehammer, Arnvid, "Skudenes og Skudeneshavn," Karmøy: Utgitt av bygdebokutvalget i Karmøy, 1982. 948.31/S12 D2L FHL INTL Book
- Family Group Record forms of the families living in the parishes Falnes, Ferkingstad, Akre and Bokn in Skudenes clerical district before Oct 1841. The parish records were destroyed in a fire in Oct 1841. These records were compiled from the priests survey (G.S. film number 126304) and from the 1758 and 1801 census records. These records are arranged in alphabetical order by the husbands first name.
"Families in Skudenes clerical district from 1670 to 1842," Salt Lake City, Utah: Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1980. FHL INTL Film 1124522 (Names 1670-1842, A - M) FHL INTL Film 1124523 Item 1 (Names 1670-1842, M - Z 1670-1800 A - V (Bokn)).
Farm Book on the Internet
Karmøy Genealogy Club is creating an internet accessable listing of the families who have lived on Karmøy. The sources for this website are "Bygdebok for Karmøy," Norges Bybyggelse, notes of Johannes Mjølhus, the church books, probate records, census records, and private family information.
The family listings are by the farm which they lived on. The explanation of the website is in English but the family information is in Norwegian.
You will find a list of all the farms which are found in the modern Karmøy kommune. As the information comes available there will be a link from the table to the information on a specific farm. On the internet you will only find information of those inhabitants who had registered descendants. A more complete listing is found in the office in Skudeneshavn. You can E-mail inquires to Slektsforum.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Norway Page►
- This page was last modified on 28 May 2015, at 18:54.
- This page has been accessed 1,697 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News