South Carolina Probate Records, Bound Volumes (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Article 56000, Using Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records .
NOTE: Most missing records are available on microfilm. See Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche for instructions on ordering microfilm as well as finding a local FamilySearch Center where you can view the films.
Question #1: Some records are missing. Where can they be viewed?
Answer #1: See answers below for information about known missing records and their respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
- Abbeville > Wills, 1837-1855, Vol. 03 - pages 498-499 should be between image 275 and 276 are missing on both the digital film and microfilm.
- Charleston > Wills, 1760-1767, Vol. 010 – pages 647 and 649 should be between Images 215-217 of 467 are missing. The books are located at the University of South Carolina Library.
Question #2: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #2: The following list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range that actually exist in this collection:
- Pendleton > Minutes, 1825-1867 Images 5-43 are from the Pendleton District for the year 1825. Pendleton District was then dissolved, and Anderson County created. The remaining images in the collection are from Anderson County.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: South Carolina Probate Records, Bound Volumes, 1671-1977 > Greenville > Wills book, 1820-1840, Vol. B > Image 5 of 154
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the South Carolina Probate Records, Bound Volumes (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the South Carolina Probate Records, Bound Volumes, 1671-1977 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 4 March 2015, at 21:32.
- This page has been accessed 388 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More