Spain, Province of Ciudad Real, Municipal Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Spain, Province of Ciudad Real, Municipal Records, 1519-1527 .
Title in the Language of the Record
España, Provincia de Ciudad Real, Registros Municipales
This collection includes the 1519 and 1527 census records for the city and parish of Almadén in the province of Ciudad Real.
The records are in Spanish; see the section "For Help Reading these Records" for access to translation helps.
This collection is being published as images become available.
For additional details about the history of these records and help using them, see the wiki article Spain, Municipal Records (FamilySearch Historical Records).
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Spain, Province of Ciudad Real, Municipal Records, 1519-1527.|
The information in each record varies by year.
|This image needs a translation.You can help by adding an English translation of the image. (Instructions)|
Census records may contain the following information:
- Nationality or place of origin
How to Use the Record
Use these records to find the birth/baptism, marriage, and death/burial records of your ancestors. Once you find those records compare them to the census to know if you have the right person(s).
See the sections below for tips and uses for searching and finding the record of your ancestor in this collection and using the information in the record.
If you are unable to find a record for your ancestor in this collection, see the corresponding section below.
Search the Collection
To search by image:
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒Select the "Province" category
⇒Select the "City or Municipality" category
⇒Select the "Parish" category
⇒Select the "Record Type and Years" category which takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image, comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
As you are searching, it is helpful to know such information as your ancestor’s given name and surname, some identifying information such as residence and age, and family relationships. Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name as your ancestor and that your ancestor may have used nicknames or different names at different times.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Spanish. For help reading the records, see the following wiki articles:
Using the Information
- Use the birth date or age along with the place of birth of each partner to find a couple's birth records and parents' names.
- Use the residence and names of the parents to locate church records Spain Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records).
- Use the parents' birth places to find former residences and to establish a migration pattern for the family.
- Use the marital status (whether a divorce or death dissolved a marriage) to identify previous marriages.
Tips to Keep in Mind
Generally the ages of the adults are given and often those of children are also included.
When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct.
Continue to search the records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives who may have lived in the same area or a nearby area.
|FHL Place Spain, Ciudad Real items or FHL Keyword Spain, Ciudad Real items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Spain Archives and Libraries.|
Related Wiki Articles
- Spain Baptisms (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Spain Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Spain Deaths (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Spain, Catastro de Ensenada (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Spain, Consular Records of Emigrants (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Spain, Records of Widows and Orphans of Spanish Officers (FamilySeach Historical Records)
- Spain Archives
- Spain Census
- Spain Civil Registration - Vital Records
- Spain Military Records
- Ciudad Real
How You Can Contribute
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citations for This Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- "Spain, Province of Ciudad Real, Municipal Records, 1519-1527." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2015. Citing Historical Provincial Archives, Ciudad Real, Spain.
|The citation for an image is available on each image in this collection by clicking Show Citation at the bottom left of the image screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Spain, Province of Ciudad Real, Municipal Records, 1519-1527.|
- This page was last modified on 20 August 2015, at 17:48.
- This page has been accessed 3,085 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News