Spokane Washington East Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- E 13608 40th Ave.,Spokane WA 99206 United States
- 1 509-926-0551
- Darrell Wayne Orndorff - 1 509-893-2499
- Assistant Directors: Bonnie Joyce Orndorff
- Tue.: 10:00am. - 9:00pm.
- Wed.: 10:00am. - 5:00pm.
- Sat.: 10:00am. - 2:00pm.
- We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness. Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours.
- Closed on major holidays
Calendar and Events
- High Priest Group Leader training: Tuesdays, come at your convenience anytime between 5pm and 8 pm.
- Family History consultant training on New Family Search is held every 2nd Thursday at 7:00 pm. Please call to register on Tuesday or Wednesday during open hours
Staff Training Meetings
- 9 computer workstations, 4 microfilm readers, 1 microfiche reader, 1 digital microfilm/microfiche reader with printer.
- The center has a classroom that will accomidate 12 to 15 students with comuter projector and internet connection.
- The center has internet connection capabilities for 14 lap top computers
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to teach patrons how order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- 5,680 microfilm and microfiche, small reference library
- Many data bases and software programs available
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.Hardware and Equipment
Staff Research Specialties
- The center has family history consultants that are able to help researchers in several different lang
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 7 February 2014, at 21:29.
- This page has been accessed 787 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More