Sporle with Palgrave, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Sporle with Palgrave, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Swaffham|
|Parish registers: 1561|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
SPORLE (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Swaffham, hundred of South Greenhoe, W. division of Norfolk, 2½ miles (N. E. by E.) from Swaffham; containing, with the merged parishes of Great and Little Palgrave. 
Sporle St Mary is an Ancient parish in the diocese of Norwich, other places in the parish include: Palgrave Parva, Little Palgrave, and Palgrave.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Sporle with Palgrave, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Sporle with Palgrave, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
This parish's registers do not appear on FamilySearch as no microfilm for the parish is held at the Family History Library.
A search of the FamilySearch Catalogue identifies the following Archdeacon's transcripts:
The records are for Sporle with Palgrave
| Baptisms and burials 1725-1812 Marriages 1727-1812
|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1526806 Item 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438860.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Sporle with Palgrave on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 159-164. Date accessed: 10 June 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- ↑ Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 10 January 2016, at 21:12.
- This page has been accessed 2,529 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News