St. David Parish, GeorgiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Before the American Revolution, the state church of Georgia was the Church of England (the Anglican Church, or Protestant Episcopal Church). Besides keeping parish registers, the church kept many records of a civil nature in their vestry books. The Vestry was as much a political body as a religious one. The wardens and commissioners were responsible for the roads, education, the poor and orphans, voting and collecting taxes in addition to their church duties.
St. David Parish (location, GA) was officially created in 1765 as an original colonial parish.
Areas Served: St. David Parish served: FIX
Modern equivalent: The original parish covered part of what is present-day county.
- This page was last modified on 13 December 2015, at 23:30.
- This page has been accessed 1,837 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News