St Anthony Idaho Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The St. Anthony Family History Center is here to serve the St.Anthony Idaho Stake, the Sugar City Idaho Stake and the surrounding community. There are trained consultants to help patrons in family research. There are 21 computers in the main room with additional computers in the library.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 449 N 2 W St Anthony ID 8344 5United States
- Off street parking.
- Please use east entrance.
- Tuesday:9:00am- 9:00pm
- Friday:9:00 am-5:00pm
All major holidays: General Conference Weekends: Fremont School District Snow Days: Pioneer Days Celebration in July:
Calendar and Events
Family search informational classes will be held Thursday evenings from 7:00 - 8:00 P.M and repeated the following Mondays from 2:00-3:00pm. call the center for currant class.
- Family tree Family search overview. How it works, & whats new.
- Third party programs, Ancestral Quest, Legacy and Roots Magic
- How to find family tree sources, and add relationships.
- How to merge and elimainate duplicates in your tree
- Adding photos and documents to your tree.
Staff Training Meetings
First sunday of each month from 6:00-7:00pm
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- There is a large collection of microfilm and microfiche on permanent loan.
- The library contains many personal family histories and other records.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Wi-Fi throughout the building
- several printers -- 1 in color
- flat bed scanner
- 2 microfilm readers
- 2 microfiche readers
Staff Research Specialties
The Family History Center is staffed by volunteers from the surrounding community. These volunteers possess a wide array of skills and knowledge in all areas of genealogical research. Visitors to the center may receive assistance in genealogical research, technology usage, ways to share your research, etc. from various staff members.
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center
- This page was last modified on 22 October 2014, at 21:35.
- This page has been accessed 1,823 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More