Stafford St Chad, Staffordshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Stafford St Chad, Staffordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Stafford St Chad, Staffordshire|
|Hundred||South Pirehill; Stafford|
|Poor Law Union||Stafford PLU|
|Parish registers: 1636|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1636|
|Probate Court||Court of the Prebend of Prees or Pipe Minor|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
Stafford St Chad is an Ancient parish and the oldest building in Stafford. it is now a district church of Stafford St Mary, Staffordshire. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a non-Church of England denomination located somewhere in Stafford, but the exact parish has not been identified.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Stafford St Chad Ancient Parish and district church to the Collegiate church of Stafford St Mary
Stafford St Chad parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|STAFFORD ST CHAD PARISH (1589) Online Records|
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Stafford St Chad, Staffordshire Genealogy 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474632.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ http://maps.familysearch.org/
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 11 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Parish Records Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 23 July 2014.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 17 September 2013.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (N-Z), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 23 September 2013.
- ↑ Staffordshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 13 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 September 2013.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 22:39.
- This page has been accessed 1,826 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More