Stanly County, North CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Stanly County North Carolina genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Stanly County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
Stanly Count Courthouse
201 S 2nd St
Laurinburg, NC 28352
Register of Deeds has marriage and land records
Clerk Superior Court has probate records
Stanly created from Montgomery 11 Jan 1841
For animated maps illustrating North Carolina county boundary changes, "Rotating Formation North Carolina County Boundary Maps" (1664-1965) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
Some of the early records are missing. For a list of record loss in North Carolina counties see: North Carolina Counties with Burned Courthouses
- 1867-1967 - Stanly County Colored Marriage Books A-Z Index 1867-1967 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
For tips on accessing Stanly County, North Carolina census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
- Randall's United Methodist Church, near Norwood, N.C. Organized about 1785. Originally located in Montgomery County.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- 1841-1923 - Will Books 1 to 3 (1841-1923) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
- 1850-1967 - Stanly County Marriage Books 2-5 and A thru U Index 1850-1967 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
- 1851-1867 - Stanly County Marriage Register 1851-1867 at USGenWeb - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Stanly County, NC History, Records, Facts and Genealogy (Genealogy Inc)
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Stanly County, North Carolina. Page 513 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/f/f5/Iginorthcarolinap.pdf.
- ↑ "Randall's United Methodist Church," North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program, http://www.ncmarkers.com, accessed 22 October 2012.
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 8 March 2014, at 12:30.
- This page has been accessed 3,507 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More