Stawell, Somerset GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Stawell, Somerset ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Bridgwater PLU|
|Parish registers: 1675; For more records see Moorlinch|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1598|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Wells|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Record Office|
STAWELL, a chapelry in Moorlinch parish, Somerset; 4 miles E by N of Bridgewater railway station. The living is annexed to Moorlinch.
STAWELL, a chapelry, in the parish of Moorlinch, union of Bridgwater, hundred of Whitley, W. division of Somerset, 5 miles (E. by N.) from Bridgwater.
Birth, marriages ahttp://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50746#s16nd deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Stawell, Somerset Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|MARR = Somerset Marriages (findmypast) - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Stawell, Somerset Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474606.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-72. Date accessed and adapted: 25 September 2013.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, [ A Topographical Dictionary of England], (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 12 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 13 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Somerset Marriages', findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 30 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- This page was last modified on 30 April 2015, at 22:10.
- This page has been accessed 1,757 times.