Stevensville Montana Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Stevensville Montana Family History Center serves Ravalli County and the southwestern part of Missoula County
Center Contacts and Hours
- 100 Middle Burnt Fork Road Stevensville MT 59870 United States
- The Family History Center entrance is located at the east door of the Church.
- Please ring bell for admittance.
- Tuesday:9:00am- 4:00pm
January New Years: April General Conference: May Memorial Day: July 4th Independence Day: September 1st-3rd Labor Day: October General Conference: November Thanksgiving: December Christmas:
Note: We are closed during building maintenance, and sometimes during winter for bad roads. A notice will be posted on the East door of building.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Several Books and Maps for some States and Countries. Personal Family Histories (The Cunningham Family), etc. Genealogical Research Guides. Language Dictionaries (Germany), etc.
- Extended Microfilm (some States and Counties) and Microfiche.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Ancestry.com, World Vital Records, etc.)
- Several CD's and DVD's: Pedigree Resource Files. Quaker Genealogy 1750-1930. Some Passenger & Immigration Lists. etc.
- AncestralQuest. Legacy. RootsMagic. U.S. Cities Galore. etc.
Hardware and Equipment
Six networked computers; Three networked printers; Four microfilm readers; Two microfiche readers
Staff Research Specialties
SWEDISH: Pat Thompson
GERMAN: Pat Thompson, Ron McCann, Larry Seipert
ENGLAND: Sharon McLean, Thelma Stoddard, Marie Christensen, *Carol Sikes
SCOTTISH: Sharon McLean
CANADIAN, esp., FRENCH CANADIAN: Noel Hunt
North Bitterroot Valley -- *Cheryl Rice
- SOUTHERN STATES: Kathy Cook, Jean Hudson, *Carol Sikes
NEW ENGLAND: Pat Thompson, Noel Hunt
MIDWEST, UNITED STATES: Pat Thompson, Margaret Wirtz, Kathy Cook
WESTERN, UNITED STATES: Margaret Wirtz, Kathy Cook
- PENNSYLVANIA -- Pat Thompson
- TENNESSEE -- Kathy Cook
- MISSOURI -- Kathy Cook, Pat Thompson, Jean Hudson
- MICHIGAN -- Pat Thompson
- OKLAHOMA -- Pat Thompson
- KENTUCKY -- Jean Hudson
MILITARY: *Betsy Douglas
LDS RECORDS: Thelma Stoddard
HOMESTEAD/LAND RECORDS: Alan Cosper
QUAKER RECORDS: Pat Thompson
IMMIGRATION AND NATURALIZATION RECORDS: Pat Thompson
- Denotes people who are not members of the Staff at the History Center:
- (they can be reached by phone.)
Carol Sikes -- 406-363-7995 Cheryl Rice -- 406-777-3803 Betsy Douglas -- 406-642-3286
Resources in the Local Area
CEMETERIES: Blodget, Hamilton, Montana 59840; Corvallis, Corvallis, Montana 59828; Carlton, Florence, Montana 59833; Grantsdale, Grantsdale, Montana 59835; Riverview, 99 West Bridge Rd., Hamilton, Montana 59840; Lone Pine, Darby, Montana 59829; Sunnyside Lone Rock, 3 Mile Road, Stevensville, Montana 59870; Maplewood, Stevensville, Montana 59870; Riverside, Stevensville, Montana 59870; St. Mary's, Stevensville, Montana 59870; Victor, Victor, Montana 59875;
GENEALOGICAL SOCIETIES: Bitterroot Genealogical Society, 705 So. 5th St., Hamilton, Montana 59840
LIBRARIES: Bitterroot Public Library, 306 State St., Hamilton, Montana 59840, phone: 406-363-1670; Darby Community Public Library, 101 So. Marshall St., Darby, Montana 59829, phone: 406-821-4771; Missoula Public Library, 301 East Main St., Missoula, Montana 59801, phone: 406-549-1165; North Valley Public Library, 208 Main St., Stevensville, Montana 59870, phone: 406-777-5061;
MUSEUMS: Bitterroot Valley Historical Society, 205 Bedford St., Hamilton, Montana 59840, phone: 406-363-3338; Darby Museum, 110 So. Main, Darby, Montana 59829 (summer hours only)
NEWSPAPERS:"' Bitterroot Star, 215 Main St., Stevensville, Montana 59870, phone: 406-777-3928; Missoulian, 500 So. Higgins Ave., Missoula, Montana 59801, phone: 406-523-5280; Ravalli Republic, 232 West Main St., Hamilton, Montana 59840, phone: 406-363-3300;
- This page was last modified on 25 July 2014, at 15:23.
- This page has been accessed 1,413 times.