Stretton on Dunsmore , Warwickshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Stretton on Dunsmore , Warwickshire|
|Poor Law Union||Rugby PLU|
|Parish registers: 1681|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1670|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory) Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Warwickshire County Record Office|
STRETTON-UPON-DUNSMORE (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Rugby, Rugby division of the hundred of Knightlow, N. division of the county of Warwick, 6 miles (S. E. by E.) from Coventry.
PRINCETHORPE, is a township in Stretton-on-Dunsmore parish, Warwickshire; on the Fosse way, near the river Ichene, 6 miles N W of Southam.
Stretton upon Dunsmore All Saints completed 1837 and designed by Thomas Rickman.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Stretton on Dunsmore , Warwickshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials (Ancestry) - (£).|
|Stretton on Dunsmore , Warwickshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464176.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Warwickshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 12 November 2013.
- ↑ http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/descriptions/entry_page.jsp?text_id=956010fckLRfckLRJohn Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- ↑ 'Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1535-1812,', Ancestry, accessed 13 June 2014.
- ↑ 'Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1910,', Ancestry, accessed 1 July 2014.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 22:45.
- This page has been accessed 1,773 times.