Sullivan, MaineEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Town of Sullivan Town Clerk
1888 U.S. Hwy 1
Sullivan, ME 04664
Sullivan, also known as Waukeag, also known as New Bristol, was first organized as Number 2 East of Union River Plantation Livermore Survey (T2 EUR LS) which existed as a plantation prior to 1789 when it was incorporated as the Town of Sullivan; part of Sullivan's land was set off to form Hancock in 1828; part set off to form Sorrento in 1895; and part of T7 SD was annexed in 1899.  
County boundary changes: Lincoln County set off land to form Hancock County in 1789.
Libraries and Historical Societies
- ↑ Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 91 (digital p. 100). A digital version is available via a link in the FamilySearch Catalog.
- ↑ Number Two East of the Union River in the "Maine Towns Legal Histories dates of incorporation, name and boundaries changes" section of Maine Archive Interactive (accessed 19 November 2013).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Sullivan, Hancock County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 19 November 2013).
Adjacent towns: Hancock Co.: ?
- This page was last modified on 17 December 2015, at 05:26.
- This page has been accessed 1,155 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News