Sussex PeriodicalsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Sussex Archaeological Society, Lewes
The Sussex Archaeological Society has published an annual volume of Sussex Archaeological Collections since 1846. ISSN: 0143-8204. There is a general index volume for each preceding 25 annual volumes.
- The early volumes of Sussex Archaeological Collections have been digitised by Google and placed in the archive.org.
Sussex Archaeological Society Newsletter (1970-1993, Sussex Archaeological Society, Lewes). ISSN: 0307-2568. Thrice yearly. Also titled SAS Newsletter and SAS News. First 50 issues indexed with Sussex Archaeological Collections Index for vols 101-25. Succeeded by Sussex past & present : the Sussex Archaeological Society newsletter (1994- Sussex Archaeological Society, Lewes), thrice yearly.
Sussex Notes and Queries (1926-1971, Sussex Archaeological Society. Lewes). 17 volumes. Before 1926 published as part of Sussex Archaeological Collections.
Occasional papers (1971-1977, Sussex Archaeological Society, Lewes).
Sussex Record Society, Lewes
The Sussex Record Society has been publishing a volume almost annually since 1902. It offers transcripts, summaries or indexes of documents of historical interest, often in translation from Latin. Its website has some volumes published online.
The Sussex County Magazine
Founded by Arthur Beckett, and edited by him until his death in 1943. 30 volumes. Published monthly from December 1926 to Vol. 30 no. 7, July 1956 in Eastborne. Many historical articles and pieces of genealogical interest.
- Sussex Family Historian (1972- , Brighton, Sussex Family History Group). Quarterly.
- Sussex Genealogist and Local Historian (1979-86, Brighton, M.J. Burchall / Sussex Genealogical Centre). 7 volumes. FamilySearch Catalog entry.
Sussex Industrial Archaeology Society
The Sussex Industrial Archaeology Society promotes the study of the working life of past generations through the physical and documentary evidence that they have left. The fruits of their labours are documented in their publications:
- Sussex Industrial History (1970-1974, Chichester, Phillimore: 1976- , Hastings, The Society), the annual journal. The website offers an index and access to back issues in PDF. ISSN 0263-5151.
- Newsletter (1974- ). Quarterly. Includes briefer records. The website gives access to an index, previous titles and back copies in PDF.
Established in 1931, the Sussex Rural Community Council aims to give a broad range of help to rural communities in both East Sussex and West Sussex. In 1976 it sponsored the publication of Sussex History. This publication was taken over by the Federation of Sussex Local History Societies from 1979.
- Sussex History (1976-79, Lewes, Sussex Rural Community Council; 1979- , Federation of Sussex Local History Societies). Twice yearly.
West Sussex History
The journal and newsletter of the West Sussex Archives Society is West Sussex History (1980-, Wisborough Green, West Sussex Archives Society). Published two or three times a year. ISSN 0264-5831.
South Eastern Magazines
Based in Kent, South Eastern Magazines is a company that publishes a number of magazines covering county life and history in south east England.
- Sussex life. (1965- , Sevenoaks (Kent), South Eastern Magazines).ISSN 0039-6397. Earlier title: County life Sussex. Subtitled the county magazine.
- Sussex yesterdays (1980- , Maidstone (Kent), , South Eastern Magazines), Quarterly. Subtitled: history and heritage of the county. ISSN 0144-6878.
University of Sussex, Centre for Continuing Education
The Centre for Continuing Education of the University of Sussex has published a series of Occasional papers. (1973-, Brighton). ISSN 0306-1108.
- FamilySearch Catalog entry.
- This page was last modified on 11 January 2016, at 19:26.
- This page has been accessed 1,872 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News