Sussex Probate Jurisdictions for Parishes Beginning with 'A'Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Probate is the legal court process by which the estate of a deceased person is distributed to his or her heirs. The term probate refers to a collection of documents, including wills, administrations (also called admons), inventories, and act books.
Below is a list of Sussex parishes beginning with the letter 'A' and the courts with pre-1858 probate jurisdiction over them. To see a list of other Sussex parishes, click on the letter the parish name begins with.
1. Find the place where your ancestor lived in the first column.
2. Click on the court name in the second column to learn where to find the records and indexes.
3. Click on each name of the court in the third column if the record isn't found in the first court.
4. Search last the Prerogative Court of the Archbishop of Canterbury. br>
If no will is found, your ancestor may not have left one.
- This page was last modified on 2 February 2015, at 23:47.
- This page has been accessed 891 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News