Swedish American:Minnesota Annual Conference of the United Methodist ChurchEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Back to Swedish American►
Minnesota Annual Conference Archive of the United Methodist Church
122 West Franklin Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Telephone: 612-870-0058 (ext. 249)
Website for Archive Services: http://www.minnesotaumc.org/AboutUs/ArchiveServices/tabid/40240/Default.aspx
Boundaries of the Minnesota Annual Conference are the same at the state boundaries for Minnesota.
As of June 2010, Kathy Spence Johnson is the archivist. She can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
From their website (found under “About us”):
Ask the archivist for:
- full names of clergy and dates of service at a church
- biographical information and photographs of clergy
- early history of a local congregation
- annual statistics of a congregation
- previous names of a congregation
- baptismal, marriage, and membership records of churches no longer in existence
- help with genealogy research
- past actions of conference committees and teams
- how to care for local church records
All churches that are still operating keep all their own records. If a congregation merged with another congregation then their records are kept at the church in which they merged. The archive only has records for discontinued congregations.
Researchers can email Kathy Johnson at the email address above for Minnesota Methodist information. There is no charge for research but there is a charge for more than 10 copies (about $.25 per page). There is also a charge for postage. There may be a charge for scans, depending on size and how complicated they are.
Researchers are welcome to come in person but it is best to make an appointment to insure that the archivist will be there.
Kathy Spence Johnson, Archivist Minnesota Annual Conference United Methodist Church
122 Franklin Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55404
- This page was last modified on 17 May 2012, at 15:02.
- This page has been accessed 464 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News