Talgøy (Talgje), NorwayEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Microfilms at the Family History Library cover the years: See FamilySearch Catalog for full details and microfilm numbers.
- Christenings (Døbte): 1673-1916
- Introductions (Introduserte): 1673-1709, 1727-1733, 1746-1816
- Absolutions (Absolverte): 1673-1709, 1717-1732, 1735-1746, 1790-1795
- Confirmations (Konfirmerte): 1738-1888
- Banns (Lysninger): 1735-1746, 1799-1845
- Engagements (Trolovede): 1673-1709, 1727-1728, 1732, 1735-1798
- Marriages (Viede): 1673-1709, 1717-1916
- Stillborn (Dødfødte): 1847-1878, 1885, 1891,1901
- Burials (Begravede): 1673-1709, 1715-1716, 1718-1846, 1879-1916
- Vaccinations (Vaksinerte): 1812-1818
Digital images of the church books are available at Digitalarkivet.
- Sogneprestenes manntall 1664-1666 Microfilm
This census was taken by the local parish priests. It lists the name of the farms, names of farm owners (including widows), the sons of the farm owners, male farm hands, cottagers and their sons, and the ages of each person. There was another census taken by the civil authorities at this same time. Both censuses should be searched as they supplement each other. This clerical census is more complete.
- 1701 Census - Manntall 1701 Microfilm
The census of 1701 was taken for military purposes. It lists only the males living in rural districts who were over the age of one year. It includes the farm name, name and age of the owner, names and ages of sons and servants. May also include the residence of a male servant if he came from a different clerical district.
Manntallet 1701 for Stavanger amt Database
The 1801 census (b. 38) for Finnøy clerical district includes Finnøy (Hesby), Talgøy (Talgje), and Hesby parishes. It lists the farm name, person's name, position in the household, age, marital status, and occupation.
1801-telling for Findøe Database
This census contains the persons name, residence, status in the family, occupation, sex, martial status, place of birth, age, religion if not a member of the state church, and other miscellaneous information. Each book usually contains one clerical district (prestegjeld). In some books there are two clerical districts recorded. The parishes and school districts in each clerical district are listed at the beginning of each book.
1865-telling for Finnø Database
This 1875 census contains the persons name, whether resident or temporary resident, those absent from the parish and their location at the time of the census, position in the family, occupation, sex, marital status, year of birth, place of birth, religion if not a member of the state church, and other miscellaneous information
1875-teljinga for Finnø Database
This census contains the persons name, sex, whether resident or temporary resident, those absent from the parish and their location at the time of the census, position in the family, marital status, occupation, year of birth, place of birth, citizenship, religion, and other miscellaneous information.
1900-telling for Finnø Database
- 1616-1701 The court records contain reports of civil and criminal actions, including the allodial rights, "odelssaker". You will find names, dates, places, and relationships in these records. The records have no indexes, therefore require time to study. They are excellent sources for genealogical research and at times you can find entire families through several generations. These records must be used in conjunction with the mortgage records, probate records, or other records.
- 1670-1910: These mortgage records give information about real estate, conveyances, mortgages, and other transactions of properties. Contracts, agreements, and deeds are also recorded in these books. The panteregisters are extracts of these records. Digitised Real Estate Registers at Digitalarkivet.
For 1666-1795 the probates are in the combined Ryfylke and Karmsund judicial district.
For 1786-1876 they are found in Ryfylke judicial district.
The clerical probates for 1729-1807 are found in Ryfylke deanery deanery. `
History and genealogy of the Toreson family of Sør-Talgje in Rogaland, Norway. Includes histories and genealogies of related families on other farms in Rogaland county, ca. 900 to ca. 1600.
- Engen, Sigleif, "Lagmannsætta: Gard Toreson ætta frå Sør-Talgje i Rogaland," [Stavanger] : S. Engen, 1984.
39 Eide nedre 41 Gar 44 Hanesand nedre 40 Hovde 42 Meling 37 Runestad 36 Æraas 43 Østebø
- This page was last modified on 10 February 2015, at 19:14.
- This page has been accessed 1,179 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More