Talk:Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbian Orthodox Church Books (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
How to Help with Image TranslationsThe simplest way to translate images (and understand translated images) is by using call-outs, as you can see in this sample image:
To translate the sample image in this article with call-outs, follow these instructions:
- Save the picture onto your computer, then open up a Word document
- Go to the insert tab and choose picture
- Choose the image you want to translate
- Once the picture is in your Word document, you'll go back to the insert tab and choose shapes
- Choose one of the call-out shapes and place it above information that is pertinent for genealogical research, such as event location, event date, name of the person, etc.
- Write the translations inside the call-outs
- If you think additional translations would be helpful for this record, please add them at the bottom of the word document
Please email the document with the finished translation to email@example.com.
Your contribution will be a great benefit to those searching for their ancestors without the language skills necessary to read the records. Thank you for your help!
"Scheduled to become available"
The phrase "scheduled to become available...on FamilySearch" needs some clarification.
Is there a schedule that is accessible to users?
As there is no catalog entry the Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbian Orthodox Church Books, it appears that the researcher cannot consult this collection on microfilm. Therefore the researcher must wait for the collection to appear on FamilySearch. When might this happen?
Answer to question
There isn't a set schedule for publication of collections, which is why the message is vague. This publication is progressing through the publication process and may publish soon, or may run into a snag and publish later.
I'm sorry I can't be more specific.
Dorothy Horan, User Guidance Supervisor 19:25, 9 June 2014 (UTC)
- This page was last modified on 9 June 2014, at 19:25.
- This page has been accessed 534 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News