Talk:England and Wales Census, 1851 (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
no images available
| This question or concern has been resolved.|
In the search lab which has now been removed there were images available. Now in the "new" format you can no longer see the other people in the household or the image just a referral to the pay site. Why did you remove the other members of household from the transcribed portion and no document reference # now I have to search every family member that I think was in the home seperatly what a waste of time your site has become a true dissiappointment for all researchers. Mocavo here I come'
- As part of negotiations with FMP, we are limited in the number of fields we can show to the general public, and the images are hosted behind the paywall of a partner findmypast.co.uk. Family Search Members, have the right to the full index and images on our site, but we do not have the features to do both. I agree this is a disappointment for researchers, but this was done in contract negotiations by the executive committee, so there really isn’t anything we can do but hope that the issue gets attention from the engineers.
The value of the census index is reduced by the fact that there are no images and also no transcriptions on familysearch except for the the 1881 census. I think that this article and every other of the historical records census pages should address that issue and the value of just having the names. There is already a England Census page and this pages adds some more to it and has some of the same information. Perhaps it should complement that page and other related pages rather than repeat the same information.
It is almost like there needs to be a census moderator that can filter the various census pages to be sure that content is not repeated over again and again on different pages. The material should stay on topic.
- England Census
- England Census: Further Information and Description
- England Census Records and Indexes Online
- England and Wales 1861 Census (FamilySearch Historical Records) There are 8 of these pages and they basically repeat the same information over and over again for each census year. The basic information in a census did not change from 1851 to 1901. I'm not sure what 'Historical Records' mean. It was my impression that it meant that FamilySearch has the images on there servers. If it don't mean that, they should just be merged with all the other census pages that have been created.
Donjgen 21:26, 5 February 2012 (UTC)
- This page was last modified on 29 August 2013, at 21:08.
- This page has been accessed 913 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News