Talk:FamilySearch Record Search UpdatesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
May I suggest that this page also include
1. Collections that have been removed and
2. Also found on FSBeta Historic Collections (with link). The move to Historic Record Collections and end of Record Search also requires a new home for collection news since the remaining months of Record Search does not include any capability to carry news about collections on the Record Search home page.
It would be very helpful if all of these Record Updates were available online with a link to each update. Where else can they be found?? The last one listed in September 2010 - they have been other updates issued since then. Please update these.
- Record Updates as well as indexing updates can be found at this website: familysearch.org/news
Record Search Updates/Archives
I also believe that it would be helpful to have all the Record Updates easily available. Using the History of this article, I have created individual Updates articles for the following dates:
Unfortunately, I inadvertently changed from "Archive" to "Archives" part way through the process. Before I correct that issue, it would be helpful to have community input on the preferred way of presenting this ever-growing list of updates. I can envision three options (though I am sure there are others, as well). See the Forum Thread for a discussion of options, and provide feedback there.Lise 17:40, 15 December 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Lise, I have corrected/moved the pages so that they are all in the same (archive) sub-page. I have also created an index with added search functionality to the page FamilySearch Record Search Updates/Archive. This top-level index to the archive can then be added as a discrete link on the main article. --Steve 17:55, 15 December 2010 (UTC)
This page hasn't been updated since March 2011 while the historical record collections is updated almost daily. I would suggest that this page be deleted along with the FamilySearch Record Search Update/Archive page.; https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/FamilySearch_Record_Search_Updates/Archive. It seems that the FamilySearch Historical Record Collections page; https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/FamilySearch_Historical_Record_Collections, would suffice.Kehoemw 21:01, 22 September 2013 (UTC)
- This page was last modified on 23 September 2013, at 20:11.
- This page has been accessed 433 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News