Talk:Italy, Torino, Ivrea, Civil Registration, Tribunale (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
lack of names of communes; browse function either empty or broken
For some reason the Family History Library catalogue does not list these records on microfilm, at least not under the place name Ivrea. It does list the military records for the Circondario di Ivrea. Is it possible to order microfilm of these records from the library?
The catalogue entries for these same civil and millitary records of the circondario of Aosta and circondario of Torino, neighbors to the circondario of Ivrea, list the comuni and frazioni, the civil units, actually contained in the records. The catalogue entry for the military records of the circondario of Ivrea does not. There is no reason people seeking to use those records should have to guess which comune or frazione they cover.
The wiki entry invited me to browse the records. I clicked browse and the little circle went round and round and round and round and round. If there are no records to view, then there should be no indication that they might be viewed. If there were records to view, they did not load after five minutes of waiting.
- These records have not been released on-line yet due to restrictions placed on them by the record holder in Italy. We do not have a release date at this time. If you look at the top of the wiki article there is a box that states
- This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.
- When the records are released on-line the text in the box will change and there will be an active link to the collection.TimothyNB
- This page was last modified on 8 January 2014, at 00:56.
- This page has been accessed 256 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News