Talk:KentuckyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Problem with Links
I came over to the Kentucky State page to see if a link was already included for the minorities. When I hit the minorities hotlink, it took me to Maryland Minorities. I clicked back and noticed that all of the links on the Kentucky page went to Maryland. ; I do remember the Maryland State page being one of the barnraising pages and maybe that Maryland page, as a template eventually became Kentucky. Good. But all of those links on the left side need to be redone. ; It is relatively simple and I could redo them, but I just wanted to make sure that is actually the case.
tia. Great work is done here.
- Me again. I went to look at the KY sidebar to make sure this was the case, and it does look like so. Before I do any edits, I wanted to be sure I was editing a copy of the MD sidebar and not the MD sidebar itself.
- Darlene — Preceding unsigned comment added by Hunt4roots (talk | contribs) 1 17:21, 30 December 2010 (UTC)
- You're correct, Darlene. The sidebar was showing Maryland links. It has been corrected and now reflects KY and KY links
UPDATE: 6 May 2014
Area Code Problem
While browsing today looking at the Kentucky State page, I hit the hot link for Campbell County and discovered the area code for the Campbell County courthouse phone number was incorrect. I verified the phone number for the Campbell County courthouse, then checked to verify the Boone County and Kenton County courthouse phone numbers. Based on that, I decided to check all of the counties listed in the 859 area code and discovered a few of them are still referring to the area code 606.
Area code 859 was created in 1999, separating from area code 606. I see the reference for these phone numbers came from the Handybook for Genealogists 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002). I elected to not change the phone numbers for Boone, Campbell and Kenton County courthouses because of being undecided what to do with the footnote reference. I did go through the list of counties on this page to verify which counties on this list are still referencing area code 606.
The following info was obtained from the Wikipedia page
"Area code 859 serves the east-central portion of the state of Kentucky. It was created in a split from area code 606 in 1999.
Its service area encompasses the following Kentucky counties (the boundary closely, but not exactly, tracks county lines):"
Following those lines are the list below to include all of the counties included in area code 859.
Boone County 606 859-334-2220
Bourbon County 606
Boyle County 606
Campbell County 606 859-292-3845
Clark County 606
Fayette County 859
Gallatin County 859
Garrard County 859
Grant County 859
Harrison County 859
Jessamine County 859
Kenton County 859-392-1690
Madison County 859
Mercer County 606
Montgomery County 859
Nicholas County 859
Pendleton County 859
Washington County 859
Woodford County 859
Note Kenton County has 2 courthouses. This phone number reaches either of them.
303 Courthouse; PO Box 1109
Covington, KY 41012
- Thank You! Darlene, your careful notes made this easy. I have added the extra information and corrected the area codes. Many thanks for noting this.
- This page was last modified on 8 May 2014, at 01:23.
- This page has been accessed 599 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback