Talk:Mesilla County, New MexicoEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The version of this article before 4 January 2013 was factually correct.
- Sylvester Mowry was a delegate to the US congress for Arizona and did distribute a map with his memorial for a proposed Arizona Territory.
The version of this article before 4 January 2013 was factually incorrect.
- The map that Mowry distributed did not show any counties.
- The four counties for Arizona Territory (Castle Dome, Ewell, Mesilla, and Dona Ana) were actually proposed at the Constitutional Convention held in Tucson from 2 to 5 April 1860. A map was created showing those four counties.
The version of this article before 4 January 2013 was also misleading.
- When the Union took over control of Arizona, they wanted nothing similar to the Confederate Territory. Therefore the shape and size of the territory was changed drastically and the counties were dissolved. No new counties were patterned after those old Confederate counties. See Previous Jurisdictions to land in Arizona for 1860.
Sabwoo 22:04, 4 January 2013 (UTC)
- This page was last modified on 4 January 2013, at 22:18.
- This page has been accessed 297 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News