Tampa Florida Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Tampa Family History Center is a facility of the Tampa Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We service the Tampa and surrounding area. All are welcome.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 7851 Lutz Lake Fern Rd Odessa FL 33556-4110 United States
- The entrance is through the double doors at the back of the church building.
Closed all major holidays:
Center may close one hour early if no patrons are present.
Upcoming Closures: Saturday, July 4th for Independence Day.
- FamilySearch Catalog: The center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Online Microfilm Ordering is implemented, and films may be ordered on the internet at www.familysearch.org/films.
- Over 10,600 microfilms in the Center
- Millions of records recorded on microfiche.
- FHC Portal The center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Six microfilm readers including a digital imaging system to copy microfilm images to paper or flashdrive. Microfiche reader and four computers for public access to FamilySearch and New Family Search.
Staff Research Specialties
b. New Family Search, Georgia, Tennessee, US records, Roots Magic synchronization with New Family Search.
c. Mid-west, Mo, Ky Oh, etc., New England
d. NYC, Germany, helping beginning patrons
e. Systems, Caribbean, Latin, Europe, UK—no Ireland, Family history correspondence, organizational systems and skills, DNA
f. Family Search
h. Sicily, Tampa, Italy
- This page was last modified on 30 May 2015, at 13:55.
- This page has been accessed 2,886 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News