Template:Collection Browse LinkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for .|
This template can be added to articles about FamilySearch Historical Record Collections where images are available to view and browse. It creates a link to the first browse landing page of the collection. It is not included in articles for collections that only include indexed records. It is not included in these articles when the browse hierarchy of a collection is DGS folders only, such as this one Massachusetts, Births, 1841-1915.
Parameters & Usage
Collections that include images to view and browse through have what is called a “browse hierarchy.” A browse hierarchy is a search path that a user follows to narrow down the records in a collection to find a specific record. For example, a state-wide collection gives the option to choose which country records to look through; the next option would be to choose the record type and year(s).
When the template coding is in place, it produces a line of text that says:
“You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for [name of collection].”
- This is where the collection identification number goes; the CID is the reference for a collection. The prefix CID is optional.
- |CID=CIDxxxxxxx or |CID=xxxxxxx
- This is where the title of the collection (not the article’s title) goes. This is the text that would appear in the link. Replace the “title” after the “=” with the collection title.
- This line goes in when the collection has not yet been published on FamilySearch.org. When the collection does publish, this line is removed from the coding.
- Example of Unpublished
|You will be able to browse through images in this collection when it is published.|
- Example of Published
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Guatemala, Civil Registration, 1877-2008.|
| The above documentation is transcluded from Template:Collection Browse Link/doc. (edit | history)
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (create | mirror) and testcases (create) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.
- This page was last modified on 31 October 2014, at 22:24.
- This page has been accessed 189 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More