Template:MEpCEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Camden Plantation (Knox Co.), also spelled Cambden Plantation, existed prior to 1791 when about half of it was used to form the town of Cambden now Camden, Maine, and the remainder became Rockport, Maine. 
- Canaan Plantation see Duck Trap Plantation and Canaan Plantation below.
- Caratunk Plantation (Somerset Co.), also known as Carratunk, also known as Number 1 R3 BKP EKR Plantation, was organized as a plantation in 1840, 1893, and 1903; became town of Caratunk, Maine in 1977. 
- Carrabasset Plantation (Franklin Co.), also known as Jerusalem Plantation, and as Number 3 R2 north of Kingfield Plantation organized in 1855, 1858, 1869, 1873, and 1881; became town of Carrabassett Valley, Maine in 1971. 
- Carratunk Plantation see Caratunk Plantation above.
- Carroll Plantation (Penobscot Co.), also known as Number 6 R2 NBPP, became a town from Number 6 R2 NBPP Plantation in 1845; changed back to Carroll Plantation, Maine in 1937. 
- Carrying Place Plantation (Somerset Co.), also known as Number 1 R3 WKR Plantation, was last organized in 1895. Since then it has become an unorganized territory (township).
- Cary, Maine (Aroostook Co.) first organized 1859 as Number 11 R1 WELS Plantation; name changed to Cary 1883, and continues to today. 
- Castle Hill Plantation (Aroostook Co.) was organized by 1869; incorporated as town of Castle Hill, Maine in 1903. 
- Caswell Plantation (Aroostook Co.) was created from part of Township F R1 WELS in 1879; became town of Caswell, Maine in 1986. 
- Chapman Plantation (Aroostook Co.) was created from Township 11 R3 WELS in 1874; became town of Chapman, Maine in 1915. 
- Chester Plantation (Franklin Co.) existed prior to 1802 when it became the town of Chesterville, Maine. See also Goshen Plantation and Wyman's Plantation below.    
- Chesuncook Plantation (Piscataquis Co.) organized from T4 and T5 R13 WELS in 1859; plantation repealed 1933, now a township. 
- China Plantation (Penobscot Co.), also known as Number 9 Plantation, or New Worcester Plantation, created from Township 9 EPR became Orrington, Maine in 1788. 
- Clinton Gore Plantation (Kennebec Co.) created in 1840; part was annexed to Clinton (Kennebec Co), and the remainder set off to Burnham, Maine (Waldo Co.) in 1873. 
- Codyville Plantation (Washington Co.), also known as Hingham Academy Grant, organized from T9 R2 NBPP in 1845; plantation organization surrendered by default 1871, but reconstituted three months later. 
- Collamore Ridge Plantation (Lincoln Co.), also known as Collemore Ridge, existed by 1812; became part of Bremen, Maine in 1828. 
- Concord (Somerset Co.) created a town 1821; made into Concord Plantation 1935; became a township 1939.  
- Connor Plantation (Aroostook Co.), organized as Letter K R2 Plantation in 1872; changed name to Conner Plantation 1877; incorporated as town of Connor, Maine 1913; and dissolved into an unorganized territory (township) in 1945. 
- Copelin Plantation (Franklin Co.) see Coplin Plantation below.
- Coplin Plantation (Franklin Co.), also known as Copelin Plantation, was made part of Bloomfield Plantation in 1841;   became part of Jackson Plantation in 1845; set off as Coplin Plantation in 1866.
- Coxhall Plantation (York Co.) existed as a plantation before 1778 when it became a town; name changed to Lyman, Maine in 1803. 
- Criehaven Plantation (Knox Co.) organized from part of Matinicus in 1897; became unorganized territory (a township) in 1925.
- Crooked Brook Plantation (Washington Co.) was incorporated as Eaton in 1873; in 1887 Eaton set off the eastern part of its land to Forest City while the western remainder was annexed to Danforth; and Eaton went extinct. 
- Crystal Plantation (Aroostook Co.) organized from T4 R5 WELS and T5 R5 WELS in 1840; set off land to form Dayton Plantation (later called Hersey) in 1848; set off land to Sherman in 1881; incorporated as the town of Crystal, Maine in 1901. 
- Curvo Plantation (Franklin Co.) formed from Township Number 3 on Sandy River; became Phillips, Maine in 1812. 
- Cyr Plantation (Aroostook Co.) was first organized as part of the sprawling Van Buren Plantation from Township Letter L R2 WELS in 1843; Cyr Plantation was set off from Van Buren in 1857 and continues to today. 
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found
- This page was last modified on 10 December 2014, at 17:43.
- This page has been accessed 720 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More