Template:MEpDEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- D'Aigle Plantation (Aroostook Co.) see Daigle Plantation below.
- Daigle Plantation (Aroostook Co.) made from Township 18 R6 WELS in 1859; incorporated as part of the town of Fort Kent, Maine in 1869. 
- Dallas Plantation (Franklin Co.), also known as: (a) Plantations 2 and 3 R1 and 2 and 3 R2, (b) Number 2 R2 Plantation, and (c) Getchell Plantation, was part of a much larger 4-townships plantation renamed Dallas in 1845; repealed in 1859 and now reduced to just T2 R2 WBKP land. 
- Danforth Plantation (Washington Co.) created from T8 R3 NBPP and T8 R4 NBPP in 1847; became town of Danforth, Maine in 1860; annexed land from Weston (Aroostook Co.) 1885; annexed land from Eaton 1887. 
- Davistown Plantation (Waldo Co.) existed as a plantation before it became Montville, Maine in 1807.
- Dayton Plantation (Aroostook Co.) was formed from part of Crystal Plantation in 1848; became the town of Hersey, Maine in 1873.  
- Dead River Plantation (Somerset Co.) was first organized in 1856, and became an unorganized territory (township) in 1951. 
- Dearborn Plantation (Kennebec and Somerset counties) was first made a town from West Pond Plantation 1812; diminished by multiple set offs; made a plantation 1841; then annexed by Waterville in 1843. Former Dearborn land is now part of four towns in two counties.    
- Deer Island Plantation (Hancock Co.) became the Town of Deer Isle, Maine in 1789. Set offs: Isle au Haut 1874, and Stonington 1897.
- Dennistown (Somerset Co.), aka Dennystown, was part of Moose River Plantation 1852-1859; organized as a separate plantation 1873.
- Dennysville (Washington Co.), aka Pennamaquan, aka Plantation Number 2 Putnam Survey (T2 PS), plantation before becoming a town in 1818.
- Dion Plantation (Aroostook Co.) see Dionne Plantation below.
- Dionne Plantation (Aroostook Co.), aka Frenchville Plantation, aka Chateaugay, aka Sainte-Emilie, incorporated as Dickeyville in 1869; name changed to Frenchville in 1871.
- Drew Plantation (Penobscot Co.) was organized a plantatation in 1856; incorporated a town in 1921; reverted to plantation in 1934.
- Duck Trap Plantation (Waldo Co.), also known as Little Duck Trap Plantation, set off land to create Northport, Maine in 1796. 
- Duck Trap Plantation and Canaan Plantation (Waldo Co.) set off land to Northport, Maine 1796; became Lincolnville, Maine in 1802. 
- Dyer Brook Plantation (Aroostook Co.) was organized as a plantation in 1858; incorporated as the Town of Dyer Brook, Maine in 1891.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found
- This page was last modified on 10 December 2014, at 17:43.
- This page has been accessed 475 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News