Template:PD-US/docEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This is a documentation subpage for Template:PD-US (see that page for the template itself).
It contains usage information, categories and other content that is not part of the original template page.
- Works published in the U.S. before 1923.
- Works first published in 2003 or later by authors who died before 1937.
- Works published in the U.S. between 1923 and 1977 without a copyright notice. See Template:PD-Pre1978.
- Works published in the U.S. between 1978 and March 1, 1989, without a copyright notice, and where the copyright was not later registered. See Template:PD-US-1989
- Works published in the U.S. between 1923 and 1963 with a copyright notice but without later copyright renewal. See Template:PD-US-not renewed.
- Works published outside the U.S. before 1923, except possibly in the 9th Circuit, then before July 1, 1909. See Template:PD-US-1923-abroad.
- Works published outside the U.S. between 1923 and 1977 which were in the public domain in their home countries on January 1, 1996. See Template:PD-US-1996
For more details and other cases, please see Wikipedia:Public domain.
For a complete list of all cases where an image is in the public domain in the United States, see Cornell Law - Copyright Term and the Public Domain in the United States.
This template adds images to the category Category:Images in the public domain in the United States.
- This page was last modified on 4 June 2012, at 09:54.
- This page has been accessed 136 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback