Template:PD-US/docEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This is a documentation subpage for Template:PD-US (see that page for the template itself).
It contains usage information, categories and other content that is not part of the original template page.
- Works published in the U.S. before 1923.
- Works first published in 2003 or later by authors who died before 1937.
- Works published in the U.S. between 1923 and 1977 without a copyright notice. See Template:PD-Pre1978.
- Works published in the U.S. between 1978 and March 1, 1989, without a copyright notice, and where the copyright was not later registered. See Template:PD-US-1989
- Works published in the U.S. between 1923 and 1963 with a copyright notice but without later copyright renewal. See Template:PD-US-not renewed.
- Works published outside the U.S. before 1923, except possibly in the 9th Circuit, then before July 1, 1909. See Template:PD-US-1923-abroad.
- Works published outside the U.S. between 1923 and 1977 which were in the public domain in their home countries on January 1, 1996. See Template:PD-US-1996
For more details and other cases, please see Wikipedia:Public domain.
For a complete list of all cases where an image is in the public domain in the United States, see Cornell Law - Copyright Term and the Public Domain in the United States.
This template adds images to the category Category:Images in the public domain in the United States.
- This page was last modified on 4 June 2012, at 09:54.
- This page has been accessed 215 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More