Template talk:WelcomeEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Link to Help:User page
Restore code to auto-include user name
I have restored the code to auto-include the user name when the template is substituted on a user talk page. I have also added back a link to your contributions and fixed the link to the forums.
I don't understand why the edit of 17:34, May 24, 2011 was made to remove several wiki links (ie your contributions)? Would someone please explain the reasoning behind this. Thanks --Steve 19:15, 24 May 2011 (UTC)
- Just curious if you have thought about asking the person who changed it? Thomas_Lerman 23:17, 24 May 2011 (UTC)
- I'm sorry I changed the links. Janell and I thought the welcome letter to be too long and all the links to be too distracting for a new user. If you want me to, I will put them back in. Vlfunk
- Thanks Thomas, thanks Vickie. Reducing the length of the message I can understand, but I think the particular link to their contributions is useful both for the person adding this welcome message and for the new user as it shows them a page they may not have seen before. I will add back this link. --Steve 07:50, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
- This page was last modified on 25 May 2011, at 08:03.
- This page has been accessed 219 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback