Temple View New Zealand Family History CentreEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Open free-of-charge to the public, the Family History Centre in Temple View is located at the back of the church building on Foster Road in the Temple View suburb of Hamilton. Facilities available include internet access, microfilm readers and a microfilm ordering service, microfiche readers and a large collection of microfiche, and a good number of published family trees.
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: Foster Road, Temple View, Hamilton, New Zealand
- Plenty of free parking, the access to the centre is around the back of the church building on Foster Road
Phone: 07 847 4326
- Mon 1pm-4pm
- Tue 9am-4pm
- Wed 9am-4pm, 7pm-9pm
- Thu 9am-4pm
- Fri 9am-4pm
- Sat 9am-12noon
Holiday Schedule: Closed Statutory Holidays and for four weeks over Christmas and New Year. Please call to confirm opening hours if in doubt.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings:
- Held the first Friday of each month from 7pm-8pm. Training is for staff and anyone interested in Family History and Genealogical research
- FamilySearch Catalog: This centre has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Numerous published works on specific families
- Large collection of microfiche
- Collection of microfilm
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- Fiche readers
- Film readers
- Computer printers (20 cents a copy)
- Photocopier (10 cents a copy)
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your centre such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your centre is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
ALL staff at the Centre are volunteers. We welcome interest from others who might like to assist in the Centre. There must be two staff members available for the centre to open. An interest in Family History and a willingness to learn and follow protocol are the only requirements. Please contact us if you might be interested in assisting others who come to search out their ancestry.
- This page was last modified on 19 July 2014, at 00:15.
- This page has been accessed 711 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News