Texas Birth Certificates (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: Most missing records are available on microfilm. See Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche for instructions on ordering microfilm as well as finding a local FamilySearch Center where you can view the films.
NOTE: Texas law currently restricts public access to birth records going back 75 years or less. As a result, any microfilms containing these birth records have been removed from the Family History Library film collection, and are no longer found in the Catalog.
Question #1: How can I search for a baby who wasn’t named?
Answer #1: When searching for an unnamed child, there are a few different ways to access the record. One is to type the surname of the father into the surname search box and type the word “Blank” in the given name box. Another would be to leave the given name field blank, enter the father’s surname in the surname box and then enter the parent’s names in their respective search boxes. Finally you can search by leaving the name field blank and entering the surname only. We would advise trying all three ways to be sure you have exhausted all of the possibilities
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Texas Birth Certificates, 1903-1935 > 004112425 > Image 146 of 1562
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Texas Birth Certificates (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Texas, Birth Certificates, 1903-1935 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 7 March 2015, at 21:17.
- This page has been accessed 827 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News