Texas Civil War Union UnitsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The information in this list of Texas Union Military Units comes from the Civil War Soldiers and Sailors web site (CWSS). This web site can also be searched by the name of a soldier.
- 1st Regiment, Texas Cavalry (Union)
Organized at New Orleans, La., November 6, 1862.
Served in various places and then ordered to Military District of the Southwest and duty in Texas until November. Mustered out November 4, 1864.
- 2nd Regiment, Texas Cavalry (Union)
Organized at Brownsville, Texas, December 15, 1863.
Consolidated with 1st Texas Cavalry November 1, 1864.
- 2nd Regiment, Texas Cavalry (1 year, 1865) (Union)
Organized at Brazos Santiago, Texas, March, 1865.
Mustered out November 10, 1865.
- Hamilton's Body Guard, Texas Cavalry (Union)
"Compendium of the War of the Rebellion" by Frederick H. Dyer contains no history for this unit.
- Independent Partisan Rangers, Texas Cavalry (Union)
Organized at Brownsville, Texas, November 10, 1863. Duty at Brownsville and on the Rio Grande until July, 1864. Ordered to New Orleans and mustered out July 31, 1864.
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 04:55.
- This page has been accessed 693 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More