Texas Death Records, 1890-1976 (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: I can no longer find a death certificate that used to be in this collection. Can you help me with this?
Answer #1: The collection is a rework of an older collection with the same name. There may be instances where there were certificates missed in the new indexing. If you can find the correct year, the certificates are filed by county and then somewhat alphabetically. If you scroll through the images in that area you may be able to find the record.
Question #2: I am having trouble finding records for Red River County in the browse point1903-1909. Can you clarify how to find them?
Answer #2: Red River County crosses two browse points because of coverage of different years. 1904-1905 are in the browse point Vol 108-116, certificates 045550-049300 Navarro-Roberts counties. 1907 is found in the browse point Vol 116-122, certificates 049301-052499, Red River-Stephens counties.
Question #3: When browsing 1940 Death Certificates, Volume 4, Certificates 001501-002000 is missing. Is this volume available?
Answer #3: 1940, Certificates 001501-002000, Davis to Edwards County are missing. FamilySearch does not have a copy of these certificates.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Texas, Deaths, 1890-1976 > Death certificates > 1967 > Vol 062, certificates 031001-31300, May, Harris county > image 1 of 328.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Texas Death Records, 1890-1976 (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Texas, Deaths, 1890-1976 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 19 February 2014, at 20:43.
- This page has been accessed 779 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More