The Knowles Collection: Jews of The CaribbeanEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Jewish Genealogy > Knowles Collection
Use this record to find the genealogy of many Jews from the Caribbean nations. The great advantage of the Knowles Collection is that it links together into family groups, thousands of individual Jews (over 21,000 for this database as of Jan 2015). Until now, these records were available only at the Family History Library or through private archives or individuals.
This record contains
- Surname and forenames (continually being added)
- Links to ancestors
- Dates where available
- Places where available
- Source citations where available
- Notes where available
Major Record Collections within this Collection
- Birth, Marriage and Death Records from Barbados.
- Birth, Marriage and Death records from Jamaica.
- Births of St. Thomas, 1786-1954.
- Portuguese Jewish Births and Burials, Curacao 1722-1831.
Before using this record know
- Name of person to search for
- Approximate year of birth
- Where the person lived
Where to access the collection
Link to this collection through the FamilySearch Community Trees website. Look for the section on Knowles Collection.
How to search the record
- Search by the name of your ancestor
- View the sources
- View the notes
There are two types of records in the collection:
- Those which have been added by Todd Knowles.In the Notes field, each item is categorized under“Research Notes”.
- Items contributed to the site by others, who are acknowledged.
- This page was last modified on 2 February 2015, at 18:26.
- This page has been accessed 2,558 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More