Thurleigh, Bedfordshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Thurleigh, Bedfordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||St Neots|
|Registration District||St Neots|
|Parish registers: 1573|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1602|
|Diocese||Pre-1837 - Lincoln; Post-1836 - Ely|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford|
|Location of Archive|
|Bedfordshire Record Office|
THURLEIGH (St. Peter), a parish, in the hundred of Willey, union and county of Bedford, 6 miles (N.) from Bedford. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Thurleigh, Bedfordshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Thurleigh, Bedfordshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
||1562-1812, 1884-1899|| |
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241195.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Bedfordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Poor Law Unions
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Thurleigh on GENUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 351-355. Date accessed: 21 November 2013.
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 10 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Bedfordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 17 April 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Bedfordshire, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 April 2014.
- ↑ 'National Burial Index - Bedfordshire Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 17 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 26 October 2015, at 23:11.
- This page has been accessed 1,692 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News