Tracing Immigrants Origin CensusEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Although census records exist in Continental Europe, Scandinavia, Africa, Asia, and Latin America, they generally do not have indexes as do United States census records. The following census indexes are now available on the Internet:
- 1841 England, Wales, Isle of Man, and Channel Islands census
- 1861 England, Wales, Isle of Man, and Channel Islands census
- 1881 England, Wales, Isle of Man, and Channel Islands census
In many countries, censuses usually cover fairly small areas if they exist at all. They can be used to identify or eliminate possible places an emigrant might have lived. The national Wiki articles for "Census" describe the availability of censuses and indexes for various countries.
- This page was last modified on 17 December 2013, at 20:23.
- This page has been accessed 2,161 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News