Tulsa County, Oklahoma GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Tulsa County, Oklahoma genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Tulsa County, Oklahoma|
Location in the state of Oklahoma
Location of Oklahoma in the U.S.
|Address|| Tulsa County Courthouse|
500 S. Denver Ave.
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74103-3835
1905--Tulsa County was created in 1905 from Creek and Cherokee Lands.
County seat: Tulsa 
The Tulsa Genealogical Society published a12-volume funeral home record. These records cover the period from 1906 to 1986 and are available at the Family History Library. An index to these volumes is found on the Tulsa Genealogical Society Website.
- Memorial Park Cemetery, Tulsa BillionGraves
For tips on accessing Tulsa County, Oklahoma Genealogy census records online, see: Oklahoma Census.
Church records vary significantly depending on the denomination and the record keeper. They may contain information about members of the congregation, such as age, date of baptism, christening, or birth; marriage information and maiden names; and death date. For general information about Oklahoma denominations, view the Oklahoma Church Records Wiki page.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Land and property records can place an ancestor in a particular location, provide economic information, and reveal family relationships. Land records include: deeds, abstracts and indexes, mortgages, leases, grants and land patents.
See Oklahoma Land and Property for additional information about early Oklahoma land grants. After land was transferred to private ownership, subsequent transactions were usually recorded at the county courthouse, where records are currently housed.
Local histories are available for Tulsa County, Oklahoma Genealogy. County and town histories may include biographies, church, school and government history, and military information. For more information about local histories, see the wiki page section Oklahoma Local Histories.
- Map of 1922 Tulsa County, Oklahoma with numerous small settlements. (My Genealogy Hound)
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War Battle was fought in Tulsa County
Map showing Civil war battles in Oklahoma
Additional newspapers abstracts can sometimes be found using search phrases such as Tulsa County, Oklahoma Genealogy newspapers in online catalogs like:
Oklahoma tax records complement land records and can be used to supplement the years between censuses. There may be gaps of several years in the records.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Tulsa Oklahoma East Family History Center
- Tulsa Oklahoma Family History Center
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- FamilySearch Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Tulsa County, Oklahoma. Page 562 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 7 August 2012)
|This Oklahoma-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 03:31.
- This page has been accessed 5,941 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More