Union BiographiesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Sifakis, Stewart. Who Was Who in the Civil War . New York, New York: Facts on File, 1988. (FHL book 973 H2sif.) This biographical compendium has histories of 2,500 civilian and military notables of the North and South, including 1,008 generals.
- Holland, Mary A. Gardner. Our Army Nurses. Boston: Press of Lounsbery, Nichols, and Worth, 1896, 1897. (FHL book 973 M2ho; film 1698287 item 9.) Provides brief biographical sketches of women and their service as nurses.
- Hubbell, John T., and James W. Geary, editors. Biographical Dictionary of the Union. Northern Leaders of the Civil War . Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Press, 1995. (FHL book 973 D36bh.) Contains short biographical sketches with birth and death information on 872 political, military, and other leaders. It also includes a bibliography.
- Dornbusch, Charles E., compiler. Military Bibliography of the Civil War . Three Volumes. New York, New York Public Library, 1975. Reprint, Volume 4. Dayton, Ohio: The Press of Morningside Bookshop, 1987. (FHL book 973 H2dn; film 1036612 items 1–3.) A bibliography of 8,241 regimental and unit histories, narratives, and biographies for both the North and the South.
- This page was last modified on 3 January 2012, at 02:36.
- This page has been accessed 1,746 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More