United Kingdom, Chelsea Pensioners' Service Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: I get a message “This image is viewable:
- When using the site at a family history center.
- To signed-in members of supporting organizations” for these records."
How can I view these records?
Answer #1: FamilySearch has limited rights, granted by the record custodians, to publish some images for viewing online. Images for the United Kingdom, Chelsea Pensioners' Service Records, 1760-1913 collection are only available for viewing to members of the supporting organization (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints), and at FamilySearch Centers. Please check with the FamilySearch Center to verify that it is certified to view these images. These images are not available on microfilm.
If you have an LDS account and are not able to view images after signing in, it may be due to a registration problem, not an image access problem. Please call 1-866-406-1830 in the United States, or contact Patron Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a brief description of the problem and steps taken thus far to resolve the issue.
Question #2: The browse folders only contain Box Number (Digital Folder Number). How does this help me browse for the military records I am looking for?
Answer #2: The Box Number (Digital Folder Number) are what is called a “fake browse”. In order to find the military records you are looking for, search from the collection home page. You can
- Search by Last Names;
- Search by Life Events: Birth, entering the county of interest, as well as birth year range.
Please review Document 106515 How to start a search from the Historical Records home page for basic search techniques. If you do not see the record(s) that you want, you can refine or filter your search results. See Document 114099 How to apply filters to your search results in Historical Records.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred.The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: United Kingdom, Chelsea Pensioners' Service Records, 1760-1913 > Box 26 (4423689) > Image 15 of 745.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the United Kingdom, Chelsea Pensioners' Service Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the United Kingdom, Chelsea Pensioners' Service Records, 1760-1913 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 12 February 2015, at 02:57.
- This page has been accessed 911 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News